Health and Wellness Programs
Treating yourself right isn't a fad, it's a good habit. And it's a habit anyone can pick up. Let our Wellness programs improve the areas of your life that could use a boost.
Scott & White Health Plan (SWHP) offers a variety of programming designed to meet your health and wellness needs regardless of where you may be on the continuum of care. Providing a comprehensive suite of effective resources and tools, we provide a tailored experience built on the demands of our members. We strive to continuously provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time. It is our mission to promote a healthy lifestyle and empower our members to become an active participant of their health care team.
Nurse Advice Line
Nurses are available to our members 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our nurses provide information about taking care of yourself at home or they can help you decide if an appointment, an urgent care visit, or an emergency room visit is best for your symptoms. To locate your appropriate Nurse Advice Line phone number, please log into the Member Portal
The Wellness Assessment is a simple, digital health survey that helps you take steps toward a more vibrant and healthier life. The Wellness Assessment asks questions about your life and delivers customized action steps from our Lifestyle Management Program. Modules are self-paced, available online, and convenient for promoting physical and mental health, all things to help you feel your best.
Assessment for non-members
Assessment for members
- Balance – Manage Your Weight – Your mind, body, and food habits are all key to managing your weight. Balance addresses all three to help you reach your goals and maximize your energy.
- Nourish – Eat Healthier – Nourish can help you improve your eating habits and your overall relationship with food, one bite at a time.
- Relax – Deal with Stress – Relax puts your sources and symptoms of tension under a microscope, then unveils strategies to help keep you calm under pressure.
- Breathe – Quit Smoking – Breathe gives you the skills to help conquer your cravings and say “goodbye” to cigarettes for good.
- Care for Depression – Care for Depression provides individualized help in the setting and at the time or your choice.
- Dream – Sleep Better – Short on energy and focus during the day? Dream is packed with research-based strategies for conquering sleepless nights.
- Care for Your Health – Care for Chronic Conditions – Be the quarterback of your health care team, not a spectator. Care for Your Health reveals tactics and secrets to help you handle any chronic condition.
- Care for Pain – Care for Chronic Pain – Your pain is unique and so is the way you respond to it. Care for Pain helps you focus more on the things that matter most to you.
Disease management programs are designed to improve the health of persons with chronic conditions and reduce associated costs from avoidable complications. These goals are accomplished by identifying and treating chronic conditions more quickly and more effectively, slowing the progression of those diseases. Disease management is a system of coordinated heath care interventions tailored to your conditions where self-care efforts can be implemented. Disease management empowers you, working with your health care providers, to manage the disease and prevent complications.
- SWHP Commercial members can access the program by calling 1-877-505-7947 or through the following link, Member Information Center.
- BSWH Employee Plan members can access the program by calling 1-844-279-7589
- Medicare members can access the program by calling 1-888-316-7947 or 254-298-3088
Complex Case Management
This program is for members who have chronic conditions or complex care needs. A nurse case manager will work with members, families, and the physician to create a plan to meet the member’s ongoing complex care needs. Case managers advocate for members and assist them with setting goals and making a personal plan to improve their health. They also can assist with arrangements for necessary services. Case managers answer questions and provide education to help members have a better understanding of their condition and plan of care.
The purpose of the program is to help members get the best possible results and the greatest value from their health plan. Participation is voluntary. There is no additional cost to members for this program.
For more information, please request a screening to see if Complex Case Management is the right program for your needs.
Maternity Topics and MOMS Program
Scott and White Health Plan supports new and expecting parents. In the MOMS Program, licensed professionals provide important information and resources for new moms and dads, and answer any questions they may have as they plan for their newborn.
If you are planning to breastfeed your newborn and would like information regarding our breast pump program, or information on contracted Durable Medical Equipment (DME) providers, please contact the MOMS Program team at 888-316-7947. We will provide a breast pump to new mothers through one of our contracted DME providers as early as the third trimester. Only breast pumps obtained through a contracted DME provider will be reimbursed.
A lifetime of good health starts with quality medical care throughout your life. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), this care is now within the reach of all Americans. ACA requires health plans to eliminate cost sharing and cover preventive care services recommended by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF), guidelines specifically issued for women and adopted by Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, and the Bright Futures Guidelines of the Academy of Pediatrics.
The following recommendations are general guidelines for all ages and should not dictate the care you receive. Your doctor will let you know what tests and exams you may need based on your specific risk factors and overall health.
- Guidelines may change throughout the year based on new or revised laws and/or regulations, and additional guidance.
- Services must be billed with a primary diagnosis of preventive, screening, counseling, or wellness, if applicable, to qualify and other restrictions may apply.
- In addition to the services listed below, you may have additional preventive care benefits covered under your health plan at 100%. Check your plan documents for details.
- Grandfathered plans (a plan that hasn’t changed since 2010) may have costs. See your plan documents to find your specific coverage and costs.
- Talk to your health care provider about a proper schedule of check-up visits.
Preventive Care versus Diagnostic Care
Comprehensive evaluation to prevent health problems; you do not have symptoms or other abnormal studies suggesting abnormalities
Medical care to treat or diagnose a problem, to monitor existing problems, or follow up on abnormal test results.