About Scott and White Health Plan
Scott and White Health Plan and Insurance Company of Scott and White began operations in January 1982 as a nonprofit Health Maintenance Organization. First called Centroplex Health Plan, with a service area focused primarily in Bell and Coryell counties, we have since grown our membership to over 220,000 members and our service area to 77 counties. With the 2019 acquisition of FirstCare Health Plans, our combined plans now cover more than 350,000 members and 171 counties in the Central, East, North, and West Texas regions.
We continue to introduce new insurance plans, technology and services to meet the needs of members, employers, and the community. We currently offer individual and family plans, fully insured and self-funded plans for small and
large employers, Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans, and a Medicaid plan.
Healthcare is changing, and at Baylor Scott & White, we are changing it for the better. To do that, we've created a road map for our future—our System Strategy.
The visual representation of our System Strategy is called Our Core. At the center of Our Core are the personal Commitments our employees make to advance our work for the benefit of those we serve.
Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, Baylor Scott & White Health promotes the well-being of all individuals, families and communities.
To be the trusted leader, educator and innovator in value-based care delivery, customer experience and affordability.
- • We serve faithfully
- • We act honestly
- • We never settle
- • We are in it together
- Health – Transform into an integrated network that ambitiously and consistently provides exceptional quality care
- Experience – Achieve the market-leading brand by empowering our people to design and deliver a customer-for-life experience
- Affordability – Continuously improve our cost discipline to invest in our Mission and reduce the financial burden on our customers
- Alignment – Ensure consistent results through a streamlined leadership approach and unified operating model
- Growth – Pursue sustainable growth initiatives that support our Mission, Ambition, and Strategy