Scott and White Health Plan – Here With You Through COVID-19
Scott and White Health Plan and Baylor Scott & White Health are actively monitoring COVID-19 developments and are working together to ensure members get the care and coverage they need, when they need it most. You can expect claims processing, customer service by phone and member portal, and other operations to continue as usual.
To protect our members and also our health plan employees, we are temporarily suspending in-person visits to our health plan.
We hope to welcome you back to our offices very soon. We have more information on COVID-19 and how to keep your loved ones safe at BSWHealth.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently issued Emergency Use Authorizations for COVID-19 vaccines by Pfizer and Moderna. We want to answer a few of your questions about this exciting new development in the fight against COVID-19.
Learn more about vaccine safety and how to get a vaccine.
What does the COVID-19 vaccine cost? - The COVID-19 vaccine is available to health plan members at zero out-of-pocket cost.
Potential Schemes Related to COVID-19
Scammers are using telemarketing, text messages, door-to-door visits as well as social media to conduct their fraudulent activities. These individuals are offering COVID-19 tests, grants and prescription cards in exchange for personal information to benefit themselves and harm the public.
Ways to protect yourself from fraud, waste and abuse schemes:
- Never share information to unknown individuals. This should include date of birth, social security number, Medicaid or Medicare numbers, health care details, financial or other personal identifiable information. Sharing this type of information can lead to identity theft.
- Review your explanation of benefits (EOB) or MyBSWHealth for suspicious activity or claims.
- Ignore offers or advertisements for COVID-19 testing or treatments on social media.
- Never post photos of your COVID-19 vaccination cards on social media.
- Do not open links in text messages from unknown individuals.
- Do not trust any unexpected calls or visitors offering COVID-19 tests or supplies.
- Do not pay anyone to speed up your vaccine eligibility.
- Report suspected fraud to health plan helpline: 1-888-484-6977
The following updates apply to fully insured Commercial Group and Individual policies, as well as Medicare plan members. Members of self-insured groups should contact their Human Resources Department regarding coverage.
Expanded Telehealth Coverage and COVID-19 Testing/Treatment
Effective March 6, 2020, and until further notice, Scott and White Health Plan is waiving all member cost-sharing for care related to COVID-19, which includes testing, telehealth services, outpatient office visits, and inpatient hospital stays.
All telehealth medical care is also covered at a $0 copayment, whether the service is provided through the member's in-network physician, or through BSWHealth.com or the myBSWHealth app.
Prescription Drug Refills and Rx Prior Authorizations
In conjunction with our pharmacy benefit manager, OptumRx, Scott and White Health Plan is amending its prescription drug policies to ensure an uninterrupted supply of medication during the COVID-19 threat.
You may obtain an early refill of your prescription medications if you have refills remaining on file at a participating retail or mail-order pharmacy. The refill obtained will stay consistent with the standard days' supply previously filled as allowed by your plan (e.g., 30- or 90-day supply).
Ways to Slow the Spread
As the number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in Texas rise, we can take three simple actions to slow the spread:
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you, and avoid crowds.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
COVID-19 is not the only virus we need to be mindful of this winter. If you haven’t already, it’s not too late to get a seasonal flu shot. We cover flu vaccinations for members at no charge at in-network pharmacies, walk-in clinics and your doctor’s office.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU'RE SICK
If you feel sick with fever, cough, or have difficulty breathing and have traveled to high-risk locations or were in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days before you began to feel sick, seek medical care.
Stay home and visit a doctor virtually.
Baylor Scott & White Health is now offering a free and convenient COVID-19 screening questionnaire through MyBSWHealth. You can access the screening questionnaire in MyBSWHealth on the web or in the mobile app.
To install the app on your mobile device, simply visit My.BSWHealth.com/download or text BETTER to 884-08 to have it sent to your phone. If your screening shows that you may have COVID-19, you may be directed to an eVisit. More information about eVisits, including how to link your visit to your Scott and White Health Plan account, is included below.
Find a doctor, clinic or hospital near you.
When you schedule your visit, share your concerns about your COVID-19 symptoms or exposure. Your doctor's office, clinic or hospital will have instructions for your visit.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911. Notify the operator if you have COVID-19 or need to be seen for COVID-19 symptoms. If available, put on a face mask before the ambulance arrives.
HOW TO SCHEDULE A VIRTUAL VISIT (eVisit) – 8 AM to 8 PM, 7 days a week
Virtual visits, also called eVisits, are available from 8 AM to 8 PM, 7 days a week through MyBSWHealth on the web or in the mobile app.
To install the app on your mobile device, simply visit My.BSWHealth.com/download or text BETTER to 884-08 to have it sent to your phone.
Here's how it works:
- Complete an online interview about your symptoms; it takes only 5-10 minutes
- Receive a response from a Baylor Scott & White Health provider, typically within one hour
- Prescriptions (if needed) will be sent immediately to your preferred pharmacy
Be sure to link your Scott and White Health Plan account to your MyBSWHealth account, so your visit will be properly processed according to your insurance plan:
Link your account in the MyBSWHealth app:
- Tap the gear icon (top right corner of app welcome screen)
- Tap "Manage Linked Accounts"
- Tap "Link Account" under SCOTT AND WHITE HEALTH PLAN
- Enter member information
Link your account at MyBSWHealth.com:
- Go to "Settings" in the left navigation menu
- Select "Linked Accounts and Devices"
- Select "Link Account" under SCOTT AND WHITE HEALTH PLAN
- Enter member information
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Scott and White Health Plan is dedicated to providing ongoing access to quality healthcare services for members impacted by public health emergencies. We will follow federal and state guidance while working with hospitals, drug stores and other providers to ensure our members get the care and medications they need.
To learn more about COVID-19, we recommend visiting:
Helpful Tips & Phone Numbers
- For emergencies, call 9-1-1 or go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergencies, call Customer Service to find a doctor or health care professional in your network.
- Talk to a nurse—24/7—by calling 1-877-505-7947.
- For mental health support, call the HHSC COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line at 1-833-986-1919. Learn more.
- For information about Opioid use and COVID-19, click here.
- If you have your member ID card, bring it with you when you get care.
- If you don't have your ID card, call Customer Service or print a temporary card from our member portal.